Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ashley Judd and Wow!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42432538/ns/today-books/

Above is a link to an interview with Ashley Judd on the Today show from last Tuesday. It's really remarkable the things she has been through and the work it sounds like she does. It's funny (not ha, ha funny) that she sounds very politically correct when discussing different things. For instance she talks about, "God, as I know him." I guess it's really sad in a way. Not because she couches some of her language in what some might consider political correctness, but because some will discount what she says because of it. Her book sounds like it contains a very powerful story. Without reading it myself I am going to recommend it simply based on this interview. If you have been through some of the things that she mentions (growing up in an alcoholic family, neglect, sexual abuse) I think this book may speak to you. Good reading.

0 comments: